I know what you’re thinking. Why am I posting another popsicle recipe when I just posted one last week. Hear me out! I have been testing out lots of recipes in my new popsicle mold lately with plans to post them throughout the rest of the summer, but this one is seriously so good that I could not wait to share it! Although you’d never be able to tell from the taste, these fudgsicles are a far cry from the store-bought version, which is laden with nasty fillers and health-degrading ingredients. This fudgsicle recipe however, made with five simple ingredients, is seriously healthy… and did I mention totally and completely delicious!?
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that you don’t have to dirty any dishes aside from the blender, popsicle mold and measuring cups. Just blend and pour the mixture directly into the mold and it’s ready to freeze. This recipe makes enough for 8 3-ounce fudgsicles, but I won’t tell anybody if you only make 6 or 7 because you couldn’t stop eating the mix. Heck, I would whip this up even if I didn’t have a popsicle mold and serve it as pudding! It really is that good (& versatile), and if you’re wondering it’s also been kid tested and approved. Just make sure you eat it quickly before it melts all over you. I really don’t foresee that being a problem 🙂
- 1⅓ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup raw honey
- ⅔ cup raw, unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 8 dates, pitted
- Place the coconut milk and dates into a high-power blender and blend on medium-high for 30 seconds.
- Put the remaining ingredients into the blender with the milk/date mixture and blend on medium-high for 30 seconds or until smooth and creamy.
- Pour directly into 8 3-ounce popsicle molds. Make sure to leave a little bit of space at the top to allow for expansion in the freezer.
- Put the lid onto the mold and place a stick into each fudgsicle.
- Place into freezer for 6-8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy! If necessary, run hot water over the bottom of the mold to loosen the fudgsicles from the mold.